PREPARATION OF COLD CHAIN IN THE DISTRIBUTION AND STORAGE OF THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Since it was first announced on March 4, 2020 by the government that there were residents affected by the covid-19 outbreak, two weeks later the government imposed Large-Scale Social Restrictions (PSBB), another term for lock-down. The health protocol in the form of an appeal to apply 3-M (Wear a mask, keep your distance and wash your hands) continues to be echoed which then becomes a regulation for each local government to be subject to sanctions for violators.
The closure of the operation of public places, such as tourist areas, hotels, restaurants, shopping centers or malls for places of worship, and business offices with rotating workers was enforced until early June. Businesses engaged in the health sector and food logistics and their supporters are given specialization to remain fully operational but still apply health protocols in their activities. Online delivery and storage of temperature for frozen food products and pharmaceutical products make these two business sectors grow rapidly.
Vaccine-producing expert countries are competing to immediately be able to make a vaccine to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus which is finally approved by 5 (five) vaccine supplier manufacturers that can export to Indonesia: Sinovac, Novavax, COVAX/GAVI, AstraZeneca and Pfizer (source: katadata.co.id).
The Indonesian Ministry of Health, through the approval of the central government, gives full authority to Pharmaceutical State-owned Enterprises (BUMN) and is supported by some private pharmaceutical businesses to prepare facilities and infrastructure for distribution and storage with the temperature of the vaccine according to the appropriate temperature characteristics, namely plus 2-8 degrees Celsius, minus 15-20 degrees Celsius and minus 70-75 degrees Celsius.
Meanwhile, several seafood importers from Japan who partnered with local exporters have also made cold storage with temperatures of minus 70 degrees Celsius in some areas of Eastern Indonesia which are used for storing fresh tuna as raw material for sashimi food product which has high economic value in Japan. However, this storage with a capacity of 50-100 tons cannot be converted into storage for vaccines or other pharmaceutical products that require this storage temperature. The local insulated panel manufacturing industry partnering with the principal manufacturing condensing unit imported as a whole (CBU) from the EU and USA as well as experienced contractors have been able to install this cold storage.
Potential members of the association for handling the covid-19 vaccine:
1. Manufacturing industry (insulated panels and CDU) and cold storage contractors: Jalur Sejuk, Alpine Cool Utama, United Refrigeration, Sabindo Refritech, Wongsocool Aircond & Refrigeration, Far East Refrigeration Indonesia, Starr Panel, Alsun Suksesindo, Bondor Indonesia, Rutan, Polarin Xinindo, Cellcius Indoperkasa, Intercontinental Polyurethane, KPPA Congo Corporation, Jasa Teknik Pendingin, Lima Satria Pratama, Sukses Teknik Indonesia, and Nusa Lintang Refrigeration.
2. CDU Principals: Bitzer Compressor Indonesia, Emerson Indonesia, Danfoss Indonesia, Mayekawa Indonesia, Aowid Refrigeration, Officino Mario Dorin, Daikin Applied Solution Indonesia, Johnson Controls Indonesia, and GEA Refrigeration Indonesia
3. Third Party Logistics (end to end logistics & distribution): Kiat Ananda Cold Storage, Adib Cold Logistics, Kawanishi Warehouse Indonesia, MGM Bosco and MTI Halal Logistics
4. Cold storage: Mitsubishi Logistics Indonesia, Busana Prima Global (Lotte group) and Pura Agro Mandiri
5. Reefer truck & reefer container rental and supply chain: Tico Transportasi Nusantara, Inter Mitra Transindo, Guna Pratama, Darta Logistik Indonesia, and DS Solutions International.
6. Manufacturing and principal of CDU reefer vehicle: Sentrasox Indonesia, Prima Cold Chain, Sugity Creatives, Denso Sales Indonesia, Sinar Mega Trimitra (Carrier Transicold), and Hwasung Thermo Indonesia.
7. Cool box and ice pack manufactures and importers: Karya Indonesia Sukses, Prima Cold Chain, Marubeni Indonesia, Prima Prospek Indonesia, and Mahakarya Innovator Teknologi.
8. Parts trading agent: Sumber Mandiri, Gununges 13, and Rajawali Patria Perkasa
9. Refrigerant traders: Honeywell Indonesia and Global Cool
10. Reefer container terminal: New Priok Reefer Container 1 (one) 11. IoT, data logger, temperature monitoring and GPS: Lavinta Buana Sakti, Easygo Indonesia and Astech Dunia Telekomunika
Total case of COVID-19 until January 11, 2021: Positive: 836,718 people, get well: 688,739 people (82.3%), and death: 24,343 people (2.9%).